Thursday, 6 August 2009

Lost in Time


Wow, I've been away so long. 
I've been scrambling around at work, bored and anxious, itching to run away yet shackled to reality and a mortgage that is embarassingly modest.

Were does all our energy go?

I have in my absence, found many lovely lovely super dreamy blogs that i wish i had built first, and more hopelessly, i wish i was living them.

Yeah, i speak of the delightful Hollister Hovey. Gosh, there aren't enough words.
http://hollisterhovey.blogspot.com/

I just don't have the sheer gumption to aspire to be that stylish and yet unstudied in blog-tastic delivery. It's unfussy and enthusiastic without seeming insincere or too cool for school. It's just pure love that drives it.

But isn't that the whole idea behind slaving away over blogs, typing away with two fingers while watching, um, The Big Chill? (Damn, so uncool). Wow, the eighties are back (whoa, big knits and perms!) but the now script makes perfect sense. 
Oh, scary maturity!
Hence the photo - purely to illustrate I understand that expression on Claudia's face - and the need to clutch Alain for solace! Oh to be so grown up and organised. Well, it will never be me. 
I should be watching a more profound (read: cool) movie while blogging. TBG is an ideal choice...not one to inspire heavy obsessive rotation as the wellspring of ideas, but certainly if you are going to watch a film out of the corner of your eye, with the sound down....but to create something beautiful? And a beauty you love, not following someone else's measure of what is acceptable style. 
Hmmm, what ho! 'Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex'? Nice stockinged legs on all the men, oceans of pearls on the girls? 

No comments:

Post a Comment