
Hmmmm.
Hands up those who spent their birthday stomping around the Melbourne Cemetery with their mother?
Thought not.
Well, I must admit - I am from a family that doesn't believe in following the norm.
But it was an interesting thing to do.....and a surprisingly mild autumn night.
So what does one wear for a frolic amongst the dead?
I had a plan - Just me in all my spooky finery, a girly evening bag (if I'm going to be mugged by the undead, I opt to go down fighting with a fabulous bit of arm candy), armed with a weeny torch (with a built in mugger whistle!) and a pen and paper to take a few names from the disheveled gravestones around me.
You never know who you might meet or literally stumble across (hello Great Aunty Maude!)
Eeerie fun for all.
It was a great night, and even better as I met up with friends at the Gin Palace and slugged my liver with a few Singapore Slings.
Steeling nerves for a unusual night out requires serious drinks.
Ah, well made cocktail decorated with a forest of tropical fruit is really a special thing to behold.
And not at all in keeping with the beginning chapters of the evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment