Thursday, 8 August 2013

The Hunger

Well, not really, more the experiment.
I've started to wonder (well, always, but I'm am one to dwell on these things) what the heck I'm doing.
Do I want to sell my tiny hovel and put myself in enormous debt with a house, or the thought has occurred to me, set up a business of my own with a bit of refinancing?
Go get some small business training/experience, apply for a ABN, name my non existent business something terribly witty, attend a dazzling round of trade fairs and see if I can find a bit of meaning and a bit of cash to see off the bailiffs?
No kids, no husband, only me - so what now?

Do I continue to read pompus food columns, stare at recipes I'll never make? Is this all a substitute for being creative in other fields, plotting grand plots Walter Mitty style in my head constantly (I would be Wanda Mitty then....)?

I will continue to reshape my non-model worthy bod into something stronger - a vehicle to allow me to stay fit and capable of whatever as the decline (oo, ominous) begins.
I don't want to feel older - I have felt this way for years, hence all my friends are 7+ older than me. Not that it's intentional, I just don't seem to gel with 'my' peers. Well, not yet - I am a late bloomer. Beats peaking young!

So, fix the bod, fix the occupation, unleash _________?

What now, Miss Fi?
Right on, Veronica.

No comments:

Post a Comment