Wednesday, 21 August 2013

New and yet old

It's weird - I seem to be retroactively seeking music - the new stuff linking to the old stuff, treading back in time, from now to then.
So much for cutting edge cool tunes - it's all about the obscure. The not so cool. Eeep, hipster music. RUN.
Such was my experience today listening to Triple RRR and listening to Gang of Four for the first (identifiable) time in my life. And before that, listening to a Beck track that is very new, but sounded really 90's. Truple RRR loves to take me on the oddest journeys as I journey to work. I am often tempted to never leave the carpark.
Weird.

Additionally weird: when I darkened the door of my local Apple batcave recently in order to heal a failure to upgrade iTunes (I know, I know, let the eye rolling commence), perky Ms Fixit commented on the diversity of my music library (and I thought I was middling pedestrian).
It seems there were bands she knew nothing of (and was possibly amazed they were on my PC, little ol' faux-hausfrau me).
So then you go home, puzzled by the astonishment by proxy inflicted on a mere whippet of a childe, and take a good look at your ever expanding music catalogue:
Siouxsie, Goldfrapp, Bjork, Tones on Tail, 30's blues, Weinmar Cabaret, Grace Jones disco reggae, Goth rock, 80's remixes, Depeach Mode, Julie London, 20s French Cabaret, disco, punk, riot grrl, Chic, David Bowie, Iggy, Elvis, Sinatra, Arabic fusion, Japanese 60s pop, Roxy Music, doof doof, modern retro bands, dark wave electronica, and of course, the cheesy stuff that makes you happy to sing along to in the privacy of your own spaces.
And that's just off the top of my head.
So my library is minimal.......
Oh yeah, and David Lynch soundtracks. Dreamy dance moves are mandatory.

No comments:

Post a Comment