Monday, 26 October 2009

Thelma and Louise Redux




The Orchid Plant was grown by my father and is perched outside my house -  a decorative guard. My current idea of devilish behaviour is to see if I can keep one of these things alive. Ooo, you rebel.


I'm plotting with my good friend Miss Special K, to do some sketchy re enacting of T and L, sans the flying our car into the abyss bit.






Inspirational, none the less.


Hell, there's a club for like-minded women travellers named for the film. Who knew?


Actually, the flying car bit looks fun. 
Beats office politics and diet yogurt.


Where was I?
Oh yeah - seeking grande adventures before I'm in dentures.


The divine Miss K and I plan to meet up somewhere in SW USA - maybe under a smoky full moon, in death valley, at a red-lit truck stop, where bad honky tonk plays on a beaten up jukebox, and all the locals are called Zeke.
Possibly Wayne. No, Zeke. 
Even the women.


K and I will plots fantastic plots. Big earth shaking plots.
Yeah. Grr.
Why not kick off adventure in a desert - preferably a painted desert?
With tumblin' tumbleweeds. And coyotes.


It's strange - I lost contact with Miss K - fate connected us again, contact re-established, chatter ensued, and here I am, plotting running away.
I feel invigorated - refreshed and positive my daft little plans may take a real shape.
Luckily, Miss K knows all - I trust her wisdom and creativity and calm - she will be an excellent fellow traveller.


No comments:

Post a Comment